Cashew nuts are super nuts native to coastal areas of Northeastern Brazil.
They are considered a powerhouse for nutrients, proteins and minerals like Copper, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, etc. They are known to maintain heart health, strong nerve and muscle functions, help in formation of red blood cells and can also provide relief from diabetes, gall stones and anemia.
There are various health benefits provided by Cashews; some of them are listed below:
1. When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat contents in them, which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free from cholesterol and have anti-oxidants, which also help to keep the heart healthy.
2. Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for the healthy development of muscles, bones, tissues and other organs of the body.
3. Magnesium, which is present in the cashew nuts, may help one to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
4. The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts as gallstones are stone like deposits that are usually made up of cholesterol, accumulated in the gall bladder and cashew nuts being low in cholesterol aid in this condition.
5. One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help in fighting cancer. They have high copper content and the flavonoids, which help fight cancer cells.
6. Cashew nuts are rich in minerals like copper and iron, these minerals help in the formation of red blood cells and also aids to keep the bones healthy and boosts immunity.
7. Cashews are a source of dietary iron, which is imperative for carrying oxygen around the body and aids in the functioning of enzymes and the immune system. Deficiency of iron in diets of a human being can cause problems such as anemia, fatigue and increased susceptibility to infections.