Cod liver oil is a dietary supplement synthesized from the liver of cod fish.
It contains high amount of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin A and vitamin D.
With numerous health benefits, cod liver oil is a popular nutritional supplement.
Here are some of the health benefits of cod liver oil-
1. Cod liver oil increases the absorption of calcium from the gut thus increasing the overall bone strength and muscle strength.
It also helps strengthen teeth.
2. Cod liver oil is high in Vitamin D. It helps improve the bone density. Cod liver oil acts against bone mineral loss preventing the possibility of fracture.
3. Cod liver oil also helps promote brain health. It is prescribed for patients suffering from Alzheimer’s, dementia and bipolar disorder.
4. Cod liver oil is rich in omega 3 fatty acids. It helps regulate the level of harmful cholesterol and balance with helpful cholesterol. Cod liver oil is especially beneficial for people suffering from cardiovascular disorders.
5. Cod liver oil is prescribed to patients suffering from arthritis. The anti inflammatory properties of cod liver oil helps reduce the pain associated with arthritis and swelling.
6. Pregnant women are encouraged to have cod liver oil supplements as it has shown positive results in foetal development.
7. Cod liver oil is a potent source for vitamin A. Vitamin A contains antioxidant properties, it supports cellular growth and repair. This helps protect the skin from free radical damage.
8. This fish oil helps strengthen the hair follicles and prevent hair damage and breakage.
9.Cod liver oil helps hydrating your skin from within, preventing the drying and flaking of skin. It also helps lessen the effects of acne scarring and pigmentation associated from acne breakouts. The retinoic acid found in cod liver oil helps renew skin cells.
10.Cod liver oil helps treat inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis. It is also effective against stretch marks and it lessens the appearance of wrinkle lines.