Sprouts are an amazing food known for their nutritional benefits. Seeds of grains or legumes are germinated to produce this super food. Packed with wonders of calcium, vitamin, fiber, protein, minerals, etc. Sprouts promote good health and are vital for the complete development of the body.
Some of the benefits of sprouts are as follows:
1. Sprouts form a low calorie diet
A bowl of sprouts, about 100 grams, contains just a little over 100 calories, packed with all the essential nutrients. It helps to keep the hunger pangs under control and helps to lose weight.
2. They are filled with fiber
Sprouts contain about 7.6 grams of fiber per serving. Fiber rich food is ideal for obese people as well as diabetics. Fiber is vital for the digestive system, keeps you satiated, delays gastric emptying time, prevents binge eating and is a godsend for people suffering from constipation.
3. Sprouts come power packed with protein
Protein foods offer varied health benefits. Evidence suggests that high protein intakes result in a quicker fat loss. Sprouts are packed with a good amount of proteins; a cup of sprouts contains 14 grams of proteins.
4. They are known to reduce cholesterol levels in the body
A bowl of sprouts contains as little as about 0.38 grams of fat. Sprouts being a low-fat food and rich in fiber help to lower the cholesterol levels and maintain an ideal body weight.
5. Sprouts help detoxify the body
A sprout helps in boosting the immune system and it is known to detoxify the body. The chlorophyll in sprouts is helpful in removing the toxins from the cells and lymphatic system. The enzymes present in sprouts alleviate the digestion process that also helps to get rid of the toxins.
Some Additional Benefits of Sprouts:
· It is easily digestible
· Eating Sprouts increases the vitamins and mineral content
· Doubles the Vitamin A content
· B complex vitamin increases 5-10 times more
· Level of Vitamin C increases
· The bioavailability of nutrients increases
· Proteins are easily digestible
· Cooking time is reduced