What is breast cancer?
A cancer develops through breast tissue is called Breast Cancer.
It involves abnormal growth of cells.
Even after many research the exact causes are still unclear but some factors, which indicates major causes that lead to breast cancer are mentioned below:
1. Breast cancer occurs due to damage in a cell’s DNA.
2. Women who have taken birth control pills in the recent past may have a slightly higher risk of developing breast cancer.
4. Obesity contributes the risk factor of breast cancer.
5. Intake of excessive amount of alcohol on a regular basis.
6. A woman whose mother, sister, or daughter has diagnosed with breast cancer is two to three times more likely to develop the disease.
Some of the symptoms of breast cancer include:
· A lump in the breast – In some cases, Lump may not be visible but can be felt.
· A sudden change in the size or shape of the breast
· A nipple that is turned in i.e. inverted nipples
· Rashes on the nipple
· Discharge from the nipple
· Swelling or a lump in the armpit
· Pain or discomfort in the breast
A lump in the breast is the most common symptom of breast cancer but most breast lumps are not cancer. They can be fluid-filled lumps (cysts) or a fibro adenoma, made up of fibrous tissues.
Breast Cancer can be diagnosed easily through self-inspection. One can also go for mammography yearly to check for any kind of abnormality.
If you experience any unusual changes to your breast then immediately consult doctor.
In simple words,
1. The treatment depends on the stage of cancer – The size of the tumor and how far it is spread within the body.
2. The type of breast cancer patient is diagnosed with.
3. Treatment may consist of chemotherapy, radiation, hormone therapy and surgery depending on the condition of the patient.