Tomato is included in both the categories, of a fruit and a vegetable.
These juicy red fruits form an integral part of diet all over the globe, especially in the Mediterranean region.
The tomatoes provide relief from ailments such as diabetes, skin problems, etc.
Furthermore, tomatoes are known to improve the digestion, stimulate blood circulation, reduce cholesterol levels, protect the kidneys, prevent premature aging, and reduce inflammation.
Tomatoes consist of a large number of antioxidants that have been proven to fight different forms of cancer.
Therefore one must include tomatoes in their every day diet. Tomato provides the body with a good amount of vitamin B-complex and a vital mineral for the human body, called potassium. The daily intake of tomato juice has resulted in reduced chances of heart diseases and thrombosis.
Tomato is a natural detoxifier, as it purifies blood . Tomato also controls urinary infection, thereby keeping a check on the health of a person
- Tomato, also called deep red power food, improves the eyesight of a person.
- It can be included in the diets of little ones daily to impart good eyesight to them.
- It contains good amount of vitamin K that promotes calcium concentration in bones.
- Regular consumption of tomatoes, hence, helps strong bone development.
- Tomatoes have also been found to be beneficial for teeth and gums.
- It contains vitamin C that is necessary for healthy teeth and gums.
While tomatoes are omnipresent across Indian cuisines, tomatoes can also be a meal in its own right. Tomatoes have high water content, making it a filling food. Additionally, they are rich in energy and fiber. Therefore, it keeps one hydrated and supplies rich dietary fiber. Tomato which has many health benefits and can be consumed in different forms these include tomato juice, tomato soup, tomato salad ,etc. Tomatoes will always be healthy alternative.